Moving to Secondary School is a daunting prospect for any Year 6 child. Our Transition Experience gives your class a positive, first-hand experience of change and a belief in their abilities to overcome the unknown.
It’s your first day at Greenfields School, and you’ve accidentally worn the summer uniform. As the day unfolds, how will you cope when nothing seems to be the same as it was at Primary School?
In this Experience, your class will:
- Live with new rules and figures of authority
- Get to grips with unfamiliar uniform, timetables and language
- Deal with bullying and peer pressure
- Discover their personal strengths
- Positively contribute to the community they have joined
This Experience includes a Teacher Resource Pack linking the Transition Experience to:
- Literacy activities
- Factual Quiz