Free Audio Adventure
In a now>press>play Experience, the children put on wireless headphones and are plunged into the world of their topic. Immersed in sound, they become the main character in a story, meeting people, discovering places and solving problems, on an educational adventure they’ll never forget.
Click on the icons below for more information and to listen to an extract:
Learn at Home with now>press>play!
How does it work?
- Write North, South, East, West on paper and stick one on each wall*
- Put on wireless headphones (if you have them)
- Stand in the centre of the room and… now press play!
- Follow the instructions in the story
- Afterwards have a discussion and use the follow-on activities
*If your child is listening to a Reception story, you don’t need to do this.
- Your Audio Adventure will be enhanced if you use wireless headphones / earbuds
- You will equally have fun if you play it out loud
- Join in - it’s fun to do together!
Having technical difficulties? Read our Support & Troubleshooting Document.
Support & Troubleshooting
- Go to Learn at Home on the now>press>play website: http://nowpressplay.co.uk/learn-at-home/
- If your school or your child’s school has subscribed to now>press>play enter your password in the box provided labelled ‘Password’ and click ‘Enter’.
- Your browser will remember this password and won’t ask for it again unless you change device or clear your history/cookies cache.
- If your school or your child’s school hasn’t yet signed up to now>press>play click on ‘Free’ and you’ll have access to all the Experiences we’ve opened up to the public.
Using now>press>play At Home
- You’ll now have access to Experiences, Instructions on how to do them at home, and Resources and an Set Up Guide for each one, which you can download or open online.
- Under the header and synopsis for each Experience you should see an audio box from Soundcloud with a time in the bottom right between 12:00 and 30:00 minutes.
- To play the Experience just click the pink > button.
- To look at the Set Up Guide or Resources such as ‘Storyboard’ online just click the pink underlined word.
Errors on page
- If you can’t see the SoundCloud box and instead see a greyed error message like the one below.
Follow these steps:
- Try refreshing the page. In most cases, playback hiccups are only temporary.
- Check to make sure you have the latest version of your browser, and Flash installed.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies, and then restart it.
- Disable any extensions or ad-blocking plugins that could be blocking SoundCloud from working properly and add soundcloud.com to the exceptions list in the plug-in settings of your browser.
- If you’re in a school, check to see if they have restrictions on accessing SoundCloud on the network.
- Try a different browser (such as Firefox, or Chrome) to see if it is a local issue on your browser.
- Contact email@example.com or DM us on Twitter or Facebook.
If you’re a teacher at a now>press>play subscribed school and would like to suggest we add a different Experience or have any other feedback or queries, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org.