When drought forces you and your mum to leave your village, you set off to find a new life but on route your mum is kidnapped by warriors from Tikal. Along with your friend Ixcel and your pet jaguar Soft Paws, you make your way to Tikal to get your mum back!
In this Experience, your class will:
- Learn what life was like for different kinds of people in Maya society
- Appreciate Maya achievements i.e. astronomy, engineering, agriculture, the Maya calendar and number system
- Speculate on why the Maya civilisation declined
Resources for each Experience include:
- For EYFS, Actions Storyboard, Song Sheet and Script
- For Keystage 1 & 2, Storyboard, Quiz, Reading Comprehension, Writing Opportunities and Script