On a school trip to Pompeii, you fall down a well and go back in time to 79AD. Ash is falling from the sky and the people don’t realise Mount Vesuvius is about to erupt. Will you be able to save them? And will you ever get back to the present?
In this Experience, your class will learn about:
- How the earth’s crust is broken up into tectonic plates which move
- How this can cause volcanic eruptions and earthquakes on plate boundaries
- The way in which communities prepare for and are affected by natural disasters
Resources for each Experience include:
- For EYFS, Actions Storyboard, Song Sheet and Script
- For Key Stages 1 & 2, Storyboard, Quiz, Reading Comprehension, Writing Opportunities and Script