You are Harriet Tubman, enslaved on a farm in Maryland, America. You daringly escape, crossing into the free North–but return to guide the rest of your family to freedom on the Underground Railroad. When Civil War breaks out, you fight under Abraham Lincoln and free 700 enslaved people on the Combahee river. But will you ever find your own freedom and happiness?
You will learn about…
- Harriet Tubman’s life as an enslaved person, her role in freeing others and later as a soldier
- The Underground Railroad, its codes and those who provided safe houses
- The historical context, including the American North/South divide and the Civil War
Resources for each Experience include:
- For EYFS, Actions Storyboard, Song Sheet and Script
- For Keystage 1 & 2, Storyboard, Quiz, Reading Comprehension, Writing Opportunities and Script