You’re helping your friend Ranj prepare for Diwali when his room morphs into the forest from the Ramayana. The evil Ravana kidnaps Sita – and then Ranj! You and Rama enlist Hanuman the monkey god for a daring rescue. Will you get back in time for Ranj’s show?
- How Hindus, Jains, Sikhs and some Buddhists celebrate Diwali today (e.g. rangoli, lighting candles,eating sweets)
- The central story of the Ramayana
- The roles of Rama, Sita, Ravana and Hanuman the monkey god
- An understanding of wider Hindu beliefs and values
Resources for each Experience include:
- For EYFS, Actions Storyboard, Song Sheet and Script
- For Key Stages 1 & 2, Storyboard, Quiz, Reading Comprehension, Writing Opportunities and Script