Your father’s friend Sidney Herbert, the Minister for War, pays a visit one evening to recruit one of your family’s servants, Jim to join the war effort in Crimea. It’s not fair that men have to risk their lives as soldiers and women don’t, so you decide to go to nursing school in London. The other nurses look down on you because you’re posh, but you persevere, and eventually make your way to Turkey to help.
In this Experience, your class will learn about:
- Florence Nightingale’s work in the Crimean War
- The conditions in Crimean Field Hospitals
- The role of women in Victorian Times
Resources for each Experience include:
- For EYFS, Actions Storyboard, Song Sheet and Script
- For Keystage 1 & 2, Storyboard, Quiz, Reading Comprehension, Writing Opportunities and Script