On the beach you find a bottle with a map inside: an X marks the spot of buried treasure! Squawker the parrot gives you a magic telescope which whisks you away to Cap’n Sardine’s pirate ship. There you walk the plank, hop on a wooden leg, look through a telescope and eventually spot Treasure Island. Will you find the golden coins?
In this Experience, your class will learn:
- Physical pirate tropes, such as a wooden leg and eye patch
- Features of a pirate ship: the sail, anchor, crow’s nest, skull and crossbones, and plank
- Hunting for treasure with a map where X marks the spot
Resources for each Experience include:
- For EYFS, Actions Storyboard, Song Sheet and Script
- For Key Stages 1 & 2, Storyboard, Quiz, Reading Comprehension, Writing Opportunities and Script