Hi, we’re now>press>play and we have a mission for Y6 pupils across the UK…
We need you to write a short story about your first day at secondary school. You can choose any format you like such as a fiction story, a diary entry, or a script – the choice is yours. Keep it simple and short.
Deadline: 13th July 2020
Winners announced: 16th July 2020
now>press>play creates immersive audio adventures for primary school children just like you. Imagine zooming into outer space, hunting a wooly mammoth or deep sea diving and all without even leaving your school! We’re really excited to read your stories!
- 1st Prize – your story will be recorded and edited by now>press>play! You will have an audio story to share with your friends and family.
- 2nd prize – a pencil case to take to your first day of secondary school
What are the prizes?
- Choose your format, will you write a short story, diary entry or script?
- Think about all the things that concern/worry you about your first day
- How real are the concerns/worries compared with the reality of your first day? (You can always check out our transition resources to spark some ideas)
- Show future students that we all have the same fears and that moving into Y7 is never as bad you might imagine it to be
- Entries must be submitted by 16th July 2020 17:00 BST.
- Entries are invited from pupils in Year 6 only.
- Teachers should submit entries on behalf of their pupils by email to email@example.com or by post to now>press>play 28 Valentine Rd, E9 7AD