You’re on a school trip to visit the Tower of London when the Crown Jewels are stolen. It’s up to you to work out who took them. Collect evidence by completing the comprehension and writing tasks – your answers will help you figure out who the thief is!
This experience follows the format of the KS2 English Reading test and tests the pupils’ abilities to:
- Use a range of strategies, including accurate decoding of the text, to read for meaning
- Understand, describe, select and retrieve information, events, ideas from texts and use quotation and reference to text
- Deduce infer, infer or interpret information, events or ideas from text
- Explain and comment on the writer’s use of language
- Identify and comment on the writer’s purposes and viewpoints
During this Experience your class will complete a worksheet. Worksheets are differentiated.