Learn at Home with now>press>play!
now>press>play is an active audio resource that engages children in the curriculum through emotion, imagination and movement. Immersed in sound, your child will become the main character in a story, meeting people, discovering places and solving problems on an educational adventure they’ll never forget!
How does it work?
- Write North, South, East, West on paper and stick one on each wall.*
- Stand in the centre of the room and…. Now Press Play!
- Follow the instructions in the story.
- Afterwards have a discussion and use the follow-on activities.
*If your child is listening to an Early Years story, you don’t need to do this.
- Your Audio Adventure will be enhanced if you use wireless headphones / earbuds.
- You will equally have fun if you play it out loud.
- Join in - it’s fun to do together!
Having technical difficulties? Read our Support & Troubleshooting Document.
Jack and the Beanstalk
Recommended for ages 3-5
On the way to market, you meet a man who gives you five magic beans for your cow. Out of the beans grows a giant beanstalk and a whole world of adventure!
Recommended for ages 5-7
It’s Summer, your Mum’s flowers are wilting and you’re too hot to water them! There’s a strange clock on the wall that doesn’t tell the time, but instead tells what season it is. Surely if you could change the hand to Winter, then it wouldn’t be so hot? But be careful what you wish for!
Mission to Mars
Recommended for ages 7-11
On a school trip to NASA, you and your classmates are accidentally sent on a space mission to Mars. Will you survive the 300 day journey to the Red Planet? And will you ever make it back home?
Recommended for ages 7-11
After weeks going hungry in your stone house, you’re desperate to join your dad and sister, Etta, out on the hunt. But the hunt party is attacked by wolves, and in the confusion you and Etta get lost and discover a house made of wood. What other new technologies do these people possess, and how will they lead you back to your dad?
Support & Troubleshooting
Go to Learn at Home on the now>press>play website: http://nowpressplay.co.uk/learn-at-home/
If your school or your child’s school has subscribed to now>press>play enter your password in the box provided labelled ‘Password’ and click ‘Enter’.
Your browser will remember this password and won’t ask for it again unless you change device or clear your history/cookies cache.
If your school or your child’s school hasn’t yet signed up to now>press>play click on ‘Enter Free’ and you’ll have access to all the Experiences we’ve opened up to the public.
Using now>press>play At Home
You’ll now have access to Experiences, Instructions on how to do them at home, and Resources and an Experience Guide for each one, which you can download or open online.
Under the header and synopsis for each Experience you should see an audio box from Soundcloud with a time in the bottom right between 12:00 and 30:00 minutes.
To play the Experience just click the pink > button.
To look at the Experience Guide or Resources such as ‘Storyboard’ online just click the pink underlined word. To download them click the download button.
Errors on page
If you can’t see the SoundCloud box and instead see a greyed error message like the one below.
Follow these steps:
- Try refreshing the page. In most cases, playback hiccups are only temporary.
- Check to make sure you have the latest version of your browser, and Flash installed.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies, and then restart it.
- Disable any extensions or ad-blocking plugins that could be blocking SoundCloud from working properly and add soundcloud.com to the exceptions list in the plug-in settings of your browser.
- If you’re in a school, check to see if they have restrictions on accessing SoundCloud on the network.
- Try a different browser (such as Firefox, or Chrome) to see if it is a local issue on your browser.
If you’re a teacher at a now>press>play subscribed school and would like to suggest we add a different Experience or have any other feedback or queries, please get in touch with your Account Manager.